Don’t be one of those people who only think about HVAC maintenance when they flip the switch on their thermostat and nothing happens. Whether you are facing the heat of summer or an icy winter day, the time to find out that your heating and air-conditioning unit isn’t working properly is not when you need it most. Neglecting semi-annual HVAC service can be costly in expensive repairs when your system is down. Rather than take a huge chunk of change out of your pocketbook, schedule two less-expensive HVAC services a year to ensure that your unit is at its working best.
Top Reasons for HVAC Service
Cost savings is generally enough of a reason to keep your HVAC system in working order, but that’s not the only reason you should be signing up for that HVAC service agreement. There are numerous benefits for protecting your HVAC system under a maintenance agreement, and some of the top ones are:
- Priority Scheduling and Service: When you’re HVAC system is under a maintenance agreement, your technician has your needs bleeping on his radar ahead of time. Knowing the need to service your HVAC is coming up gives your tech additional days, nights, and weekends to schedule your appointment in advance. It also gives you priority treatment in the event of an emergency; after all, you’re an existing client with an active HVAC maintenance plan.
- Service Discounts: HVAC maintenance agreements offer additional savings and special discounts on parts and labor. Not only are you saving money on your energy bills by ensuring that your HVAC is in proper working order every spring and fall, you are also given additional savings with seasonal coupons on the HVAC services your technician is performing.
- An Efficient System: A regular HVAC maintenance plan keeps your system at its working best. While there, your technician will assess the condition of the heating and air-conditioning unit, replace any worn out parts, perform all necessary cleaning, replace filters and refill all fluids to ensure that your system does not break down during use. Keep in mind that a properly functioning unit…
- Is Healthier: Dirty air ducts, old Freon, leaking hoses and more are detrimental to your health and the environment. If anyone in your family suffers from respiratory ailments, HVAC service twice a year is an absolute must to ensure the unit is dust and mold-free. Units with older Freon or that are leaking are a nightmare to the environment, which is another crucial reason to sign up for your HVAC maintenance program.
- Documented Peace of Mind: Your HVAC system is likely under warranty, and you’ll need to show that you have maintained it in the event of failure. It’s also critical to show service records to potential buyers should you place your home on the market. When you are a member of an HVAC maintenance program, you have the documentation to provide both you and others the peace of mind that your unit is well maintained and working properly.